PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NSW EMS (NGO or Private operator)
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 10:58
Mark Six

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quickdraw,
I have merely pointed out why it is not impossible that the Careflight bid could have been $100 million less than CHC, as you seemed to have a problem believing that was possible. I don't know how the numbers stack up or what differences there were in the services offered by the respective bidders for that matter, and I assume you don't either. I also stated that they should argue their case on the basis of cost AND service, which is supposedly the criteria the Health Dept looked at (according to their web site). I have never suggested that NSW tax payers should accept a cut rate (ie inferior) retrieval service. I have no doubt that CHC would do a good job - I'm not trying to denigrate them in any way. They bid for a contract, and they were successful - good for them, however I would like to know why an NGO didn't win the contract if their bid met all the tender requirements, but presumably at a considerably lower cost to me, the taxpayer. Maybe there is a perfectly valid reason, but I haven't seen it yet.