PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NSW EMS (NGO or Private operator)
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 10:12
fatrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim Dean
I think Ian Badham should be careful how he words things, is he inferring CHC the "canadian" company (with all it's "Australian" workforce - If it was still Lloyd helicopters would he have so much to gripe about, and nothing major has changed in australia with regard to the company since then) is unsafe. He must be getting desperate to try and save his job.
Jd, this is the same tact that was taken when CHC won it last time, although if I remember it was Lloyd Helicopters at he time, (but Helikopter Service had taken ownership), so rather than those nasty, it was those nasty Norwegians. Ian Badham is a Journalist by trade, so the old saying "never let the truth get in the way of a good story" works well in this situation.

As far as the Docs are concerned while I appreciate that they want CareFlight to remain, saying they won't do the job with any other service, is IMHO a little narrow minded, and I said in another subject post one must wonder if they do it for the public, or do they do it for themselves?

This whole situation is only going to get messier, and much more mud will be slung by the NGO's before it all finishes, and that is quite sad really. If they want to complain, fine, but slinging mud and mis-information at a company that only tendered for a contract, will not make them look any better. I realise that because CHC is a big company they have a target the size of a huge maple leaf on their flank!

fatty