PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air
Thread: Korean Air
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2001, 21:06
allianceair

If was just a great trip on Korean. I decided to give Korean a chance after speaking to an Australian Captain at JFK that flys for Korean. I had just gotten off a Singapore Airlines flight at JFK Terminal One when I met him and a Korean pilot.

I was totally dissapointed with Singapore Airlines. I did not even get my frequent flyer miles because they said the ticket was too cheap. Anyways after speaking with the Australian and Korean Pilot I felt reassured about Korean Airlines. From now on whenever I go to Asia I am going to go out of my way to fly Korean, and guess what, I got my frequent flyer miles in my Skyteam account from Korean even though the ticket was dirt Cheap - $750 roundtrip from JFK to Bangkok. I certainly had money left over to hit the go-go bars in Bangkok...hehehehe.

The flight from JFK to Seoul was on a 747-400 and the Captain sounded Australian or New Zealander.

The Flight from Seoul to Bangkok was on a 777 and the cockpit crew were all Korean.

I was really impressed with the operation and the service.

The only complaint I have is the beverage cups are too small and the flight attendants only fill them half way....hehehe.

Anyways keep up the good work guys, whatever you are doing is working.