PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA ATPL/CPL(H) Ground School / Distance Learning
Old 24th Oct 2005, 03:51
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, 'worthless' is perhaps putting it a little strongly, though I meant it only in the context of making comparisons between schools. Student A may think his school is fabulous, which is nice, but without the experience of other schools, he has nothing on which to base a comparative assessment - and he may be completely wrong. However, if he has achieved good passes in a reasonable time, is that all he needs to know?

If I was looking for a new car, I wouldn't ask for the opinions of those who'd only ever driven one car to help me in my choice. If I did, I'd get lots of young people telling me that the 1989 1.0 Vauxhall Nova is the business, especially when it's pimped to the max. Not a lot of use when what really suits my needs is a Volvo V70T5, which, of course, the Nova-driving yoof has never experienced.

That is why it is so important to do your own research, and to visit the schools you are considering. At least then you'll be able to say why you chose a particular school, and will have some idea of why you turned down the others.

Scroggs