PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brown treats the Services shabbily
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 08:00
JamesA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Brown Tartan Gang

To the English.
Have you noticed how many Scottish MPs are in the present government? And how many are ministers?
How can these people be allowed top 'arrange' England now they have their own assembly? I would have thought this should have precluded them from sitting in Westminster, let alone having such powers. But, I suppose the Vicar needs all the support he can get.

Back to the thread. Many moons ago as a member of Her Majesty's many (there were lots of us in those days). An old chief said to me 'Do you notice that when there is a Labour government in power they always have defence cuts? And the services who always take the brunt are the navy and air force?'
His theory was that the army belonged to the government, but members of the navy and air force swore their allegience to the sovreign. Therefore, we could not be depended upon to support the Labour party, perhaps the Conservatives think the same way, although Maggie did give a fair pay raise once. Maybe he had something, as reading through this forum I see things have only continued to deteriorate from my day.

Good luck to you all and come home on your own legs.