PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - Common Issues
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 07:41
disappointed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not read all of this thread but I have read enough of it to understand what its all about. I dont post on this forum very often but on this subject I do have a few things to say.

Firstly, 'hotelmode', I have had a Cabin Crew manager on board my last two trips and both confirmed that the upper deck purser is set to go on feb 1st and that the intention is to have the crew down to one purser and one csd by the end of the year OR to remove the csd and have just two pursers.
They also both told me that there would therefore be 400 pursers surplus - some they hope, will accept severance, some would take part time, some would have to work as main crew but retaining their purser pay scale, and some would be promoted to csd. Now perhaps it is me thats nuts but do the last two options really make any sense at all? Pay someone to work down? what cost saving does that achieve? Pay to promote to a position that theyre considering taking away? hmmmm clever .

Meanwhile 40 new managers have been employed within IFS to 'manage' the pursers!!! you couldnt make it up could you?

Now to all of you at lgw who feel neglected and cant see any reason you should support this strike and vote yes:

I can only say that after 18 years at BA I know what will happen. If BA walk over us now and change terms and conditions at LHR I GUARANTEE that it wont end there - your terms arent great now - but do you honestly think that it ends there and that they wont come back to try and take even more away from you ?

Showing BA that we are divided now opens up the flood gates for the future and you will not be safe. BA will achieve what they want: Staff who do not come here for a career but who come to fly for 2 or 3 years and then leave... and people who are that temporary can be worked to death and walked all over with no concerns whatsover from their employers, so watch out.

Perhaps we at LHR didn't take enough notice of what was going on when your contracts and terms were being developed - do you think that not supporting us now makes things better? Two wrongs do not make a right, people make mistakes and learn from them.