PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2006, 23:25
jongeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PAXboy
Large corporations that have been getting bigger and bigger over the years reach a point at which they must either make a staged retreat - or will collapse in one big bang, and then be bought up by a competitor.
Good points there PAXboy. The way I see it, some big corporations work, like BSBC, Barclays, Coca Cola and Microsoft! BA are in the process of making the most of their biggest asset (only asset?) and that is owning the bulk of the slots at the primary airport serving what is arguably one the the 2 premier cities of the world. As a flag-waving MAN supporter, I haven't got an issue with this........however...

The fact that it's profitable for them to fly to places like Ekaterinburg, Entebbe and Almaty from London, and yet haven't got a clue how to make Birmingham - New York or Manchester - Hong Kong work for them too, is rather bloody unfortunate IMO. It's sad.

MAN777 - I've been avoiding BA and LHR for more than 20 years, using any other carrier and any other transit point as a better alternative. The only time I've ever used LHR to connect was in 1990 when my MAN-HAJ-TXL flight was over-booked.