PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - Common Issues
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2006, 19:43
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superboy....I agree with you. In the current times the only thing that would move LGW crew to strike is the proposed NAPS deal (which stinks) and considering that SFLGW is a very young fleet i.e. lots of people on probation, most of us on BARP anyway (which stank from day 1 but we had no other choice) and that the only people who are affected by the NAPS changes are the few ex-DANair birds and ex-CityFlyer/EOG who haven't left for LHR yet. So I would say that whether LGW strikes or not will make little difference to the outcome of the strike!

I have always said that we should be united as a whole workforce and that BA has worked to divide us, however we have always tried to feel closer to LHR and have always been kicked in the rear. It would be time for an effort from the other side, really.

As for the changes BA wants in the T&C for LHR I agree that some are not good. I do not like the idea of losing a purser on any LH aircraft (for LHR crew's info we in fact will have to fight to have 2 pursers on a 4-class 777 as we have only 1 at the moment and don't see that changing!) but at the same time 2 senior crew on a SH aircraft seem one too many in my opinion, especially when the one sitting at the front doesn't have a specific role in the service.

As for the hourly rate.....stinks but everyone else does it and BA know it! They'll try all the tricks possible, even making your life at work miserable if needed be. There are thousands of crew who do without meal payments etc and they do the same job in the same way as LHR crew. It's cheaper. This way they buy 2 cabin crew at the price of one (just like deals in tesco's). This is called good economy!
They will get that I am so sure. Strike or not. Sorry for being negative but unfortunately it's how it feels at the moment. Management stink, they were hired for a reason, which is not because they are nice and not even because they are stupid.

FBW

PS: banewboi I am not a line trainer.....sorry! I think I know who trained you though, I actually started at H6 just as she was due to have her baby