PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - LGW
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2006, 19:17
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pax Agent
Hi peeps....just doing my holiday bidding and had a few questions. If i only allocate 9 of my 14 summer days I can still add the other 5 in at a later date thru voice response can't i? They just obv might not be avail i know but i won't lose them? Also if I wanted those 5 days in winter how do i instruct it that i want to carry them over?
Paxy Xxx
Hi Paxy,
No, you cannot do that because if you do not bid and book all the leave days then scheduling will assign you the remaining days when they want.
However you can opt to do this and then change the leave days allocated to you by scheduling at a later more convenient date, if then there are days available, however be prepared to see leave allocated by them on your roster. It doesn't "float" iykwim it has to be allocated.

As for the 14 days summer leave, I too prefer having all my leave in the winter (for skiing purposes!). There used to be a way to carry some days into the winter in the past, however last year suddenly a new regulation that says that employees must take the minimum of 14 days leave during the summer leave came out. I do not really remember all the details so what I'd suggest you do is 1)look it up in your MoA. 2)ask scheduling 3)ask your PM. I am sure that their combined efforts will give you all the answers that you need

FBW