PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 9th Dec 2006, 10:39
Noiffsorbuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remoak, your logic fails me.

If someone has no bargaining or negotiating position, you do not bargain or negotiate with them. You tell them to take it or leave it.

So why is JF seeking to negotiate with us if he can do what he likes?

Answer. Because he has to.

Without wishing to seem patronising may I explain a basic principle of Company/employment law.

Flybe have agreed to purchase 85% of the share capital of BA Connect. The projected completion date is 22nd December (we are told).

As at that date we remain employees of bA connect and ALL our EXISTING contractual terms and conditions maintain thereafter UNLESS and UNTIL we collectively agree (through Balpa) something different.

That means that thereafter JF can no sooner reduce our Ts and Cs than our present managers can. Should they, or he seek to do so then he would be up to his neck in Industrial Tribunals and High Court applications.

So, put simply my friend, unless we agree a replacement set of terms and conditions, integration between our two work groups does not take place!

That is our bargaining position, wether or not you like it.

JiM French can always walk away from the deal before he completes it.

However unless his rejection is as a result of a highly technical due diligence item, Flybe would be absolutely crucified with the penalty sums it would have to pay BA for failure to complete.

Wouldnt do JF's status with his shareholders or the City much good I suggest.