PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question for the security guys
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2006, 19:14
millerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flagon,
I flew Lufthansa on both legs. Anyone who has been through Dubai knows security is pretty tight. The reason I had to go through security was that we arrived in section H and the connection was in section G. If the connection was in section H I would not have had to go through security again!
Anyone who knows me would say that I am a calm and reasonable man but the attitude of the security staff was arrogant and surly from the beginning. We were rushing to catch the connection and were slightly surprised to have to go through security again. We had a couple of cans of drink in our bag which I had no problem with them taking ( I had forgotten they were there) but these were snatched out of my hands and thrown away in a completely unnecessary manner.
All the perfume bottles were less than 100ml and they were also snatched away - it was at this point that we started to get a bit upset -we didn't shout or swear - just tried to point out the ridiculous nature of the situation. The reaction was to ignore us and then call the police over when we wouldn't "go away".
The irony is that on the way out my wife had left a half empty bottle of perfume in her bag which we were willing for the security guard to confiscate but he just said that it was ok and put it in a clear plastic bag for us!!! It is this different interpretation of the rules that confuse everybody and they seem to change every week
I know people do have bad days but courtesy would make things move a lot smoother