PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sqdn Ldr Ray Hanna AFC*
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2006, 18:12
M14_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We won't forget him. The only thing to be at least positive about, is the two pairs of utterly capable hands that have carried on for him, Lee and Nigel.
Thought I'd share the last (and first time) that I met him - a week before Warbirds Over Wanaka '04, all of the guys except Lee, were there, crap wx, so went down to the pub for lunch. I got invited and it was definately worth it. One could look around, and the number of zeros that would add all the flying time, and different a/c types between these guys.....well you couldn't add it together, overwhelming. Ray somehow stood out from the other guys, he was someone very special, with a certain passion to flying but more importantly, to the Spitfire and I guess everyone would agree so were his displays. The aeroplane language he'd put through the controls in MH434 or Tim's, or which one it was for the day, you knew he was flying it and not someone else.
Another tribute, or form of a tribute, if you like, is a VHS production called MH434: a Spitfire's story. It is full of very captivating and enlightening interviews with Ray and Mark, produced in 1996. I could be wrong but even now, it has the feel of being a tribute, not only to that aeroplane, but more importantly, to Ray and Mark.

will never forget.