PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2006, 16:26
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mi amigo pagará.

Nowadays we need to be able to say, 'Me, American? I'm a Canadian, eh?' Nobody's mad at Canadians. Well, except for some of the Inuit and the odd Mohawk Indian but I don't think I'll meet any of them where I plan to go. The good old days of just cadging a free drink or two are long gone; now it is all geo-politics and taking personal responsibility for a President I didn't even vote for.

Actually, I found a bar card from my first Bristow career circa 1990 and took it back to use up. When I left it had been enough for a hangover or two and when I took it back it only paid for a warm Coca-Cola. Such is the rate of inflation. Anyone else here remember when it was officially $2.50 to the naira? Gee, is this one reason those people out in the swamp are so upset? Their bar cards aren't worth as much; that must be it. How about air-dropping bar cards to see if that settles things down.

Listen, if SASless and Musket33 aren't coming back then I'm not coming back either! They might know something I don't about this and I am not taking any chances. Besides, I don't think I could find anyone willing to let me go back to back with them, even on 6/6.