PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Q on international enforcement of airspace violations
Old 8th Dec 2006, 13:21
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q on international enforcement of airspace violations

Just wondering how this works, whether there is an ICAO provision for this.

Let's say you bust some airspace in France and then land in the UK. There are several options:

a) the DGAC asks the CAA to prosecute you on their evidence

b) the DGAC prosecutes you in your absence and the CAA enforces the judgement of the French Court

c) the DGAC can shout but can't actually do anything, all the time you never go to France

In case anybody is wondering, I haven't done anything Just curious how it works.

A few years ago I busted a TRA in France; about 6 months later (when all detailed records of the flight, including notams, were long binned) the CAA wrote asking who was the pilot. I requested the radar plots which showed the transgression but also showed, from the squawk, that I was under a radar service at the time, yet the French ATC said nothing at the time. It was resolved with no real action taken but I did wonder what could happen.

Recently a Belgian pilot got done a few k by the CAA for busting the Eastbourne air display TRA, but he chose to come to the UK for the court hearing.