PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brown treats the Services shabbily
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2006, 10:42
PompeySailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lyneham Lad
Good article in the online Telegraph today by John Keegan:-
Brown treats the Services shabbily

However, I despair at the inability of the so-called political Opposition to really take Blair, Brown and Browne to task over their policies and their facile statements about giving the troops everything they need....... On Newsnight last night, Jeff Randall (a journalist) made a much better fist of supporting the troops than David Davies. Whilst Ruth Kelly..............well, words fail me.

Should Brown become PM then a bad situation will become a desperate situation. I feel for all of the Armed Forces who are putting their lives on the line. Enough said.
Unless Brown's offspring show an interest in the military. Then, as with the Child Benefit and Working Tax Credit improvements once his wife had sprogged, and now the massive injection of cash to the Education pot now his children will be going to school in a few years, plus the additional funding for medical purposes that will become evident at the next Budget, we may see enough for the military to buy more than a couple of tyre chains for Arctic warfare.