PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC job in Sweden?
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2006, 10:39
duece19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Myway

In Sweden, Denmark, Norway bla bla bla all IFR RT is in english. However it is harsh to expect a 60 year old VFR pilot who doesnt speak english (amazing but you can still manage to get airborne without comanding english) to conduct his RT in english. Same if for tugdrivers and snowsweepers and so on.

It wasnt that long ago when they introduced english as a mandatory language in school and as long as we still have the pre-mandatory genereation in action I think there will be Swedish spoken by tug-crew and on.

I know this may be hard to comprehend but if english is not your first language you will understand the fact that not everyone speaks it. And even if they do their skills may be limited and make nothing for safety.

Ridiculous my a*se, whats ridiculous is when a non-native englishspeaker get spoken to on the RT in a way that only a native englishspekaer would understand.

And that my friends is my view of the harsch reality until our pre-mandatory generation is safely in position at the OAPs home.

duece (only speaks english on rt)