PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2006, 10:35
PompeySailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Blake
I can confirm all PS has said. Mrs Blake worked there for a couple of happy years before the inevitable move due to Service reasons. She was indeed a happy bunny, and it was with great regret that she terminated her contract. Sadly no ASDA within commuter range of our current location.

Perhaps our glorious leaders would benefit from a "management exchange programme", to learn how to treat your workforce properly, especially as the military is now fashioning itself along standard business lines. Not sure about the gaudy green uniform though, but like the idea of the nametags with the monicker "pleased to help".

I feel a GEMS coming on.
I suggested once that the powers-that-be in Portsmouth dockyard might like to get their shiny arses over to Disney to see how to manage parking when you have lots of people driving to work each day, rather than just issuing passes to their mates and then letting the NCP employees (sorry, MGS) damage cars by moving them, then charging people to get them back, but not on a Friday, or when the ship comes in, or until Ted has finished his tea. And giving civvie companies 20 each, but requiring people joining a ship to turn up with draft orders, both parents, the ship's CO and a signed affadavit from a High Court judge so that they could drop their kit off.

All I got was funny looks and my parking permit taken away.

Oh yes - I can park in ASDA car park all day for no charge now I work there, even on days that I am not working. Could I do that in Portsmouth Dockyard? Don't be silly......