PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2006, 06:12
roamingwolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reckon that getting the “facts” from the faaa is a little like being a marriage counselor.You only ever get HALF the story and HALF the truth and even then it is their version of the truth

You also have to know the answers to be able to ask the questions.

Eden99, I was at one of the first meetings in Sydney and there was NOTHING said about any ability by the company (or anyone who owns it) to be able to apply to have a post reform eba dismantled with only 90 days notice.

Nothing was said about the current eba being any different because it was signed off pre reform laws.

We were told that the only way to go was to negotiate a new eba.

In fact MM told us that if we were not scared after the meeting he was not doing his job.

I keep getting the feeling that the faaa only tell us what they want to tell us and boy don’t you guys get upset when we question you.

I thought it was only the company that told us selective and filtered information .

WHY do you want us so badly to sign a new eba when this can be thrown out like some unwanted item by the company with only 90 days notice.What is worse is the faaa telling us that this is the way to get stability and a better future.Thats true but only until the company wants to enact the new IR laws and that will probably be just after the next election.

We should have been told this at the meetings and not on pprune .the question is WHY?