PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "bad landingitis", a common problem?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2006, 21:31
badboy raggamuffin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"bad landingitis", a common problem?

Hi all, am currently out in California hours building for my CPL. Things going fine, am flying everyday and have got up to about 75 hrs PIC so far, not far to go to the magic 100!
Am feeling pretty good about my flying and seem to be really getting the hang of it, have made big improvements since my PPL training thats for sure.
Have also got the landings pretty much perfected, to the point where 9 times out of 10 u can hardly feel the wheels touching the runway, however every 10 flights or so for some unknown reason I seem to revert back to my PPL training days, flaring at the wrong time and banging the plane on the ground, and I go home feeling pissed of with myself for ruining what was otherwise a near perfect flight. The next day however I revert back to doing spot on landings again. Its a bit frustrating, as I would like to make quality landings 100% of the time.
Should I be pissed of by this, or do all pilots, even those with thousands of hours make the occasional bad landing for no apparent reason?
Is occasional "bad landingitis" a common affliction that affects even the most experienced, or does it dissappear completely the more experience a pilot gets?
(obviously things like bad weather can affect the quality of landings, what I talking about here is a pilot ballsing it up of his own accord!)

Cheers for any advice,
Badboy