PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 3
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 3
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2006, 21:13
groundhogbhx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FougaMagister
Of course. But that's also because Swissport have a good number of PAX services staff (which is how it should be). However, I have also witnessed rushed Swiss turnarounds - in one case on 8R with the airbridge off, loaders working both holds... and the Avro's anti-collision beacon already on! Come on guys, that's basic airmanship; risking a nasty accident for the sake of a few minutes isn't worth it (lucky there wasn't a DfT ramp audit at the time!)
So from your position in the departure lounge you know that the ramp team where aware that the anti cols were on?? Last time I checked it was impossible to see the top beacon and only possible to see the light from the bottom one bouncing off the concrete from the hold door if you were looking in the right direction (very unlikely if you are loading bags) It is also very unlikely that you would notice them driving from one hold to the other. Anyway isn't it the responsibiltiy of the crew to be in contact with the ramp crew to ensure everything is clear BEFORE they switch the lights on, so I think they might need you to give them a lesson in airmanship as well