PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drunken ravers cross LTN’s runway
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2001, 02:43
Aeropig1

Location: Crawley UK (that's next door to LGW - 1800m next door!) Handy for work though.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok to clear a few points up. Much of the powers in law depend on the designation of the airport. The aerodromes are private property so therefore entering in the circumstances is most certainly a civil tresspass. However,various offences are created by a series of acts and byelaws which can be pursued at certain aerodromes only. I have to confess that I don't know which of these applies to Luton airport.

Most certainly at major airports where there is a full time police presence other offences are available to be pursued and are. The terrorism powers and offences do not apply in these cases unless the action is carried out for terrorist purposes.

The whole thing would be easier if there was one definitive piece of legislation that applied to all designations of aerodromes but that is not the case and so,whilst I accept valid critiscism of the Police (and they may have got it wrong - I don't know) I ask that you do not be so hasty in your judgemnt and blame pushing - it is bloody frustrating to come up with nothing when common sense says there is something wrong.

My own experience of such breaches was a case of a man who elected to death by jumbo and ran through a security gate a few years ago onto the main runway in the hope that a plane would land on him. He was found and was taken to hospital for phsychiatric treatment.

For the record I hate speed cameras too!!