View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2006, 15:13
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRISTOL - 3

Continuation of: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...231023&page=14

crackling,

BE also operated to TLS but gave in when easyJet appeared alongside earlier this year.

To be honest, I was surprised that BE didn't look at CWL before. It seems an ideal place for their set-up, especially with baby at CWL a pale shadow of easy's BRS operation.

I agree with you about 'a Bristolian'. When he speaks, listen, because his gen is never duff. I too have a pretty shrewd idea of his real identity, and I would love to know his take on the discussions (or perhaps monologue) that must have occurred between BE and BRS over that airline's future, or lack of, at Lulsgate's Rear End.

Bristol_Trav,

I agree with your interpretation of the new Travel Rewards Scheme. It seems open to anyone to join and remain in, regardless of number of flights taken, and cannot be considered a loyalty programme because the rewards don't appear to be related in any way to airport usage.

Navigator did get into a terrible admin mess a year or two back and completely messed up the records of both my wife and me and, I believe, many other members. I was told at the time by someone fairly senior at the airport that they had seriously considered closing Navigator down then.

What they did was cull the numbers by insisting on a minimum five departures a year to stay in the programme.

Although their blurb suggests the change is in response to Navigator members' requests for a simpler system, I believe the real reason is that Travel Rewards will be a much easier and cost-effective system for the airport to operate, with no membership cards nor statements/vouchers to be sent out every six months. Everything will be done via email.

In truth, Navigator benefits were receding anyway. For instance, my wife and I, being regular leisure travellers, used to like to use the business lounge occasionally via our Navigator vouchers, but this facility was withdrawn earlier this year.

We shall just have to wait and see how it all pans out.