PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY as a career?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2006, 12:14
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 149 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Speevy
We get ok money and the conditions are improving, we will have to hire about 200 pilots for 2007 (i think it's more but not sure so I stop at 200) and the company now realises the conditions have to improve to atract more crew and I think they are improving and they will.
I love it...
Speevy
2007 recruitment is 450-500 pilots ......

Yes you do work at EZY. I did 820 hours last year.... but it's not as onerous as some people make out. The 5/3/5/4 fixed roster is a significant improvement and I think it's closer to 180 days off per year. My colleagues who work in the "real world" - 9 to 5 - acknowledge that I do have some early starts and late finishes but are quite envious of me having alternate 3 and 4 day "weekends".

It's personal choice. I'm not interested in long haul - young family and I like being at home every night. Personnaly I couldn't imagine doing 4 trans-atlantics per month - I'm sure the novelty would soon wear off - but that's only MY opinion before I get jumped on!

EZY is a dynamic company, expanding at a sensible rate, offering almost unparalleled opportunites. New bases opening across Europe, potentially rapid Command prospects, a very high standard of operation demanded - and met. Anyone considering joining could do MUCH worse.

A4