PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAK Airways Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2006, 12:06
737BBJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, where do we start? RAK Airways are, as we speak, not even close to compete with Emirates, Ethiad and the others. It is ok that they announce they want to be a quality airline. But so far....the only thing they have launched are delays in getting airborne. Sorry, but is`nt that the fact?

Yes, RAK is a less expensive area to live in compared to Dubai. And for a good reason, I may add. When it comes to villas and not villas, it seems like they have put the crews up in villas and flats way south of the city center in a place called Hamra Village. A new development with a beach hotel, villas and flats. Around this area ( and yes I have seen it) you will find basically nothing other than your newly build accommodation, a gas station and a ceramic factory across the road. The upside is that a few miles further south there is a beach resort named Barracuda (I think the name is correct) with a liquor store . That in itself should make up for the remote location of your villa.

quidditch,

you wrote:

quote//Now RAK Airways I believe also wants to be a quality airline and has many plus points already over Qatar//quote.

I am not trying to be funny, but please give me the plus points

bear,

quote//Ace, I'm really not trying to be personal, but you are simply barking up the wrong tree equating Emirates/Etihad/Qatar with RAK, or suggesting that RAK are trying to compete with them.//quote