PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2006, 11:33
helfsich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Answers

Just to clarify some things mentioned here in the past few posts

Accomodation - Yes, you can move out of company accomodation, however once you have moved out you cannot move back in. You get an allowance, which is very helpful, but Dubai renting prices are on the rise, so this option is a tad off-putting to a lot of crew at the moment. If you're married and your spose is in Dubai then you cannot live in company accomodation. If you get married whilst employed with the company you have to move out. I'm still in company accomodation, so I can't reveal what the allowance is. Pets are also allowed, however this is discouraged by EK as it tends to put housemates offside, and there can be great cleaning costs involved. Also if ANY crew member complains, whether it be neighbours or flatmates, etc. you can be reported.

Languages - The only absolute requirement is English. Because of the complexity of some emergency procedures you encounter, a fluency in English is a must. Other languages are an asset, however should you get in you may be assigned to certain routes based on that language, which may feel restrictive after a while.

Corporate Promotion - Yes, there is a business promotions team. If you're a female or a UAE male you can apply. I know though that they're not looking for anyone new because they rejected my application . You should be in the company 6 months at least and be on good standing. They usually go to new flight route openings rather than sporting events.

Hope that helps :-)