PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 7th Dec 2006, 10:42
Anotherflapoperator

If that's how pilots generally are, then it sort of explains why I feel such an outsider...

I look around Viscount House at work and feel quite sick at how all my colleagues are going to be booted out of work, and are all sat there waiting for their redundency notices. I look at other issues and spend time worrying about the fate of each and every one of my fellow pilots around the network, perhaps more than I worry about my own dead ended career.

Still if I don't start getting SOME sleep soon, it won't matter as my medical is due any time soon

For the record, I wasn't around when Logan was taken over, but I have never, EVER felt that any Ex-Brymon pilots were in any way inferior, below or less able, professional or equal to any other. Perhaps the seniority system is in itself devisive and the root of evil? Without it, we'd be left with promotion based on ability and capability. That might work, but for the individuals bent on political networking and underhand effort to advance themselves. Back to square one.

What I want is everyone to get a happy Christmas with their families, with no bickering and squabbling either in crewrooms, here or round the table at CC meetings. Frankly we all need to unite and prove to those who will make the desicions that we all want the same T&C, the same benefits and that by granting them, NuFlybe can move forward with stable, happy and productive crew who don't just use the company as a brief stepping stone.

Wishful thinking? Tis the season.......