PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One-up in an A36
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2006, 08:52
PilotHTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Rat****,
I see now that I did indeed very successfully hikack your thread....humble apologies - but I see I was right in that it was the correct place to cast about for the wisdom of knowledgable Bonanza owners!!

To all of you - many thanks. It's obvious simply from the depth of your responses that these are aircraft that once tried, have you hooked. And how very true that they just look RIGHT.

CC - I plan a flight as soon as I can (I'll go see John at YLIL), and I suspect you are on the money that I'll probably end up getting one.

My overall reading is that for carrying capacity, comfort, reliablility and sheer pleasure the A36 is the way to go. Great comments on the club vs 'normal' seating. "Raffles" class sounds great to my kids! And the RHS is better in this respect as my wife is a non-flyer.

As for parts/maint - I don't mind paying for quality - that usually means better reliability anyway, whether its aircraft, cars or shoes.

I have enough complex time for insurance to be OK, and the insurer also tells me that I can reduce my premium if I limit myself on the policy to 4 seats.

Many thanks, and again RS, apologies for the hijack - any further questions I'l start a new thread.

Cheers
PHTR

Now........what was the question.....