PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A good year for Modular Trainee Employment?
Old 6th Dec 2006, 22:13
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Hey

Mad Jock first sicky second.

MJ whilst I appreciate what you are saying is ture that would rely on the ability to get an interview to sell yourself or at the very least for someone to actullay read your CV rather that just get you a form to fill in your hours on. This is rare so what you are in effect saying is that it is not the application process but who you know not what you know. This is I agree is the case(not agree with, as it defeats a meritocratic system) but is more likely the reason for the success of your colleagues rather than there something else about themness.

Sicky actually I don't know what you are getting at. You seem to be implying you think it wrong that you are overlooked for some who can bring more to the company that you would by virtue of non-airline experience that you don't have.

What do I mean, well there are lots of people who can fly a plane just doesn mean that they are all owed jobs doing it, just like lots of people could be good politicans but will never get to know.

The solution seems quite simple, you could just go and get some other experience.

The second confusing thing is that my post above clearly demonstrates that people of all backgrounds, educationally and work wise some with nothing other than bare mimimum qualifications were equally succesful by throwing cold hard cash at the problem so there you have plan B.

Before anyone starts screaming that they don't have the cash well I not that sure that the world owes you a living so go and find it and stop complaining about how expensive it is. It just is deal with it if you want that much you will find the money.