PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question for the security guys
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2006, 16:26
ducking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by millerman
Here is a question for the security guys ( I don't know if it is valid for this forum but feel free to move it to the correct one ).
The missus and I flew back to Dusseldorf yesterday from Dubai via Munich. We bought some perfume in duty free in Dubai which was all sealed in the original packaging. Transferring in Munich we had to go through security again ( which i personally believe is ridiculous ) they took away the sealed packages which were clearly labelled duty free Dubai but my wife was allowed to take through a half used bottle of perfume that was in a clear plastic bag!
Was the sealed perfume an early christmas present for the security guys or is there more danger in a sealed box than an open perfume spray?
Trying to explain the ridiculous nature of the "rules" nearly lead to our arrest
Surely there should be some system to allow sealed duty free items which have presumably been security checked to be allowed through other airports on your journey.
So a couple of nice duty free gifts for relatives turned out rather expensive

i cant really coment on other countries procedures but when you bought your duty free they should have given it to you in a clear sealed tamper proof plastic bag with the reciptclearly on view. that way you should be able to take it through any europien countrys transfer lounge.