PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 6th Dec 2006, 10:22
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done Chappie

Hope all goes well with bump - this is not an easy time for prospective Mums and Dads and we are all thinking of you. Keep smiling.

Re ESF - the rumours are good but the reality of fitment is still too slow in my books. The politicians should not need reminding that they are on notice for corporate manslaughter if the unthinkable happens again.

If I were you, I would not expect to get any official communiques from the weasly politicos (nor from the official top brass) that imply that your actions and/or petitions have, in any way, influenced the decision to fit ESF. However, we all know differently!

As they say

"Doing this job is like wetting yourself in a dark suit; you get a warm feeling but no-one notices"

It is such a pity that greiving families and retired servicemen/women have had to raise the issue at all. If the MoD
bean-c(o)unters had any morals or sense of duty, then we wouldn't have needed to start the crusade in the first place!

While I won't be celebrating with champange until all of our ac are fitted, I think that those guys and girls still serving on the AT fleet owe you a huge debt of gratitude and I hope I am not alone in offering my own vote of thanks to yourself and, of course, to Nige. :

Keeping the Faith

Flip

Last edited by flipster; 7th Dec 2006 at 09:22.