PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jazeera Airways
Thread: Jazeera Airways
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2006, 08:31
SurvivedJZR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

@Geebz:

What you said is a very detailled description of the area. I have a strong feeling that you had worked before in Kuwait, correct?

@Maxmeldo
It is the very first time, that you are using a discreet and non-defamation style of posting. Nice and improved behaviour.

Since I am still in contact with a colleague in the company, I know what is going on.

Again, my posts are not a revenge, although you'd like to push them into that direction. My aim is to deliver information people would not get otherwise. It is the decision of anybody him/herself to join Jazeera or not. But for decision making, it is good to know what is truely going on.

You know, in my opinion it is not correct, that a few people try to get an advantage on others expense, who then join the airline and find themselves in a totally unexpected situation with a huge chance of having left a nicer job before.

Jazeera advertised a few days ago for more CPTs and FOs, stating a generous annual leave (which you are not entitled to get in the first year & which you surely won't get when you leave the airline, at least not a part of it) but - for instance - stating nothing about bonding. Of course, no company would do that, but at least, at the interview to inform about the conditions, about ALL conditions. You won't be able to deny, that although having a contract with Jazeera without a bond, and even though having been flying for several months with Jazeera as CPT, the airline forced this CPT to sign a bond retroactive for his TypeRaiting for an amount of 60.000 - 75.000 USD.

I am happy for the ex-colleagues who became CPT know, but the conditions would not have been acceptable for me. Although you are posting, 4 FOs got an upgrade - but how many of the 4 FOs had been with Jazeera from the beginning? (-> 2) The others are Kuwaitis joining later from Kuwait Airways.... What you positivly forgot to post about the Upgrade is the bond they had to sign. Although - when joining Jazeera - it was confirmed not to have a bond for the upgrade. Now they had to sign for it. So tell us, how much it is ...

Originally Posted by MAXMEDLO
The actions done by him and other pilots who left in his wake only left us suffering loses in the Zero-cost agenda your talking about since mngmnt has a tendency to stop facilitating services that people misuse, or at least they make aquiring them a longer procedure,i.e. staff cars,staff travel,starting bank accounts, getting loans, applying for credit cards and so on.All these options now take us a lot of paper work and time only because my fellow pilots misused them,ALL OF THEM ACTUALLY,the fact that I did not state all of his and his followers actions was originating from the fact that I still believe that we must try to save some face water and integrity of each other,since, after all he was a colleague, but if I sense any trial from him to destroy a thing I've been catering for for such a long time, I will not hesitate to break the code,the one he broke in the begining to start with.
That were 2 very long sentences.

Returning to the facts:

- Regarding to the use of Credit Card, I am not aware what other ex-colleagues did or did not, I can only speak fo myself and state having used it within the given limits and well within the monthly salary amount. It seems you simply were fed by companies informations without questioning them. Of course, now Jazeera is using us for any bad manner. Do you really expect me, after not being paid last months salary - which I was entitled to by Kuwait law - to balance my banc account by paying money into it?

- If you are posting about loans, for instance to buy a car, you know very well that it was not possible from the beginning. Jazeera did not help, did not support at all to get a loan. Either you had warrantor being a Kuwaiti or you did not get a loan at all. Why are you now blaming me/us for these facts?

- If you talk about "integrity of each other", I remember all of you (meaning all of the CPTs who were that time with Jazeera) called and asked the management to start upgrading, asked to stick to the contract. You were as successful as we had been. Remember, later on, we had 4 FOs for 2 A320s and no outlook at all to be upgraded within a reasonable time. Friends of the Kuwaitis CPTs from Kuwait Airways were taken, one by one, becoming a total number of around 15 CPTs to join the airline in spring 2006 blocking CPT-positions for a MIM of a year or more! And then - it was said by the DFO - THEN we start assessment, meaning, a candidate waits to this end, being THEN assessed having a great chance not to succeed. I grew up in a social environment learning and adopting social behaviour. But also this education told me that somewhen comes a point where you have to make a decision! I was sorry for my colleagues who had no opportunity but staying, because of familiy and expenses-reasons. But this does not mean that I have to stay in order to be one of two supporters! I am sure, you would not decide different, being in the same situation!

- Also when I left, it was not suddenly, not at all! After the new COO had been with us for a while, I spoke with him and told him about my personal situation. I also told him to leave the company after 3 months, if my upgrade was not in an assured schedule. This was a very clear talk and he was informed in detaills. Talking about moral aspects - it was clear for the company that I will leave after these 3 months. You can say, I did not resign formaly, I agree, but the COO fully understood the gravity of the situation. But finally, I was terminated at the end of the 3rd month, which coalated with my decision not to return.

Originally Posted by MAXMEDLO
... at least they make aquiring them a longer procedure,i.e. staff cars,staff travel,starting bank accounts, getting loans, applying for credit cards and so on.
- Please explain why staff travel is a problem which relates to us (fellow pilots who misused them) ?

I wish all (ex-colleagues, fellow pilots and management) Merry Christmas

S-JZR