PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY as a career?
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2006, 07:32
Just Browsing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rostering has been poor in the past, and depending on your base, can still be quite poor. The positive thing is that rostering and other lifestyle issues have improved and continue to improve under the new CEO and his team. It really is a different company with fresh management - and it shows.

We do work long days, though at my base we have a mixture of 2 and 4 sector days from about 5-6 hours duty to 11 hours. I rarely see roster changes and my standbys are becoming more and more like days off. Crewing levels at sought after bases are settling down.

The new CEO has a business philosophy of treating people well. And look at our year end results - it works!

Operationally the company has a good reputation for safety and standards, and the effort made to maintain this reputation is considerable.

As others have pointed out: my roster patterns rarely has me working more than half the month, I'm home every night, work with great people and get to fly new aircraft around Europe. The pay is as good as anywhere else - unless you're a long serving FO and BA - and command time is short. It's also one of the most secure jobs around too.

TFly may have good T&Cs right now, but at some point the parent company is going to realise that future growth and security is going to come only through seeking better value out from its assets.

There are some here who have put up with so much nonsense over the years that improvements are hard to recognise, and trust hard to accept. I've been here a few years and, whilst others will disagree, if you want to fly short haul around Europe then this is as good as anywhere, and better than many.

JB