PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Astana
Thread: Air Astana
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2006, 05:48
alexb757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neilb767
Ok, glad u guy's got that off ur chest , (alexb757/slingsby)...
Now kiss and make up, and lets get back to the original post pls.
Can someone please provide Hard and UP-DATED No. on this place.??
I see they got a new e mail out with 'SUPERB" conditions...hope its not just a free pair of flip-flops and a parka for the winter
I was also offered this a few mnts back, and as most , no way the renumeration matched the effort of the place.
cheers.
Neil,

I would suggest you call/email both Direct and Air Astana to ask very directly those questions.
"SUPERB" can mean literally anything and keep in mind what is superb for one is peanuts to another so I would take it all with a pinch of salt.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, any DECENT airline/agency will be upfront about Ts &Cs including pay upfront and not try to hide it or come up with slogans about new and improved this and that! Why do you think t is new and improved??!! Maybe because they got no takers?
I do noyhave any hard and recent news on this but I have no reason to as what they offered me was utterly laughable. Agreed, it was a year or so ago but I don't think it will have "improved" that much.
Try your 757 or 767 skills elsewhere where the remuneration package matches your professional skills and you do not end up flying for food!
I'll give another example from a few years back when a certain airline was desperate for pilots and offering paenuts for a salary. They tried to cover up the poor salary by saying that $3,000/month goes a long way in city XXX and the cost of living is very low. Then, in the next breath, they said you had to pay your own airfare for the interview and your own recurrent training. Everything was them, them, them. It made me wonder how desperate they REALLY were and why they advertised the same stuff continuously for about a year.
I was waiting for a class date with another company and was not really interested in company X but wantedto find out what the deal was. Naturally I declined and they said they were sorry to hear that and that when they could no longer attract the right caliber of applicant, they would then raise the starting salary. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot!!
Good luck which ever way you decide to go, but don't say you were not warned and don't go expecting industry standard pay and conditions - it simply won't happen. I've been around this business too long to fall for a trick like that......................