PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA passengers share first class cabin with dead traveller
Old 6th Dec 2006, 00:16
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
My guess is that the FC pax reacted like any other Westerner that does not see dead human bodies very often.

Even 50 years ago, children would see their grandparents, aunts/uncles and even siblings laid out in the front room for everyone to pay their last respects. By the time they reached adulthood it was not quite a common place but nothing unusual.

Nowadays, we only see dead bodies in extremis and VERY rarely are they brought into the library-quiet FC cabin. Also, the journo asking the question would have been looking for a sensationalist reply.

Sounds like the cabin folks and the dcotor did all they could and we should have sympathy for them. Not to mention for the widow.

Some A340s have a storage compartment that can be used for bodies, I recall seeing a photograph of it on Airliners when this subject was discussed here on a previous occcasion. I cannot find the image off hand. However, that would only be suitable when the person that died was travelling alone.