PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2006, 23:14
Vince1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Then I speak to an aussie girl working fot Jetstar Oz who reckons she's being worked up to 400 hrs a bid period - she's desperately trying to get into MAM casual position as this is seen as some sort of step up....bucket please I need to vomit.

Um Hi. I don't normally replied to other threads, but feel I must say something in regard to the above quote.

I feel the hours being discussed is a bit of an exaggeration. We (JQ crew) are generally rostered between 115 - 130 per month. CM's this month are on about 115 hrs and FA's 120-127 hrs. We have LIVE days (home reserve) that we can nominate to work for extra money or we can un nominate and accrue the hours, if we do this we can't work above 140hrs. However, if we keep our Days LIVE and get the money basically we can work up and beyond 140hrs, but speaking from 5 years experience (with Qlink & JQ) we would never work 400hrs. It wouldn't be possible to do in a month.

In regard to JQ crew trying to get into MAM, yes there are some crew that have this dream that the grass is greener. However, I feel this is based on the idea of doing lots of o/nites and internationally flying. Some of these crew who want this are young and sometimes inexperienced within the workforce.

Thanks,