PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in the USA (incl Florida!)
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2006, 22:00
scameron77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally I think any employer couldn't fault any astute wannabe for training to UK standards in an environment that is 1/3 the cost of here across the board + no landing and approach fees.

Correct me if I'm wrong (there are plenty on here who will) but I am led to believe you have to do the IR in UK airspace if you sat CAA ATPL's.

If they have an issue with it then they should start taking on cadets again. As that is not going to happen so they should be content that there are a steady stream of people out there willing to self fund their own training.

Obviously a lot of people make a big deal over the RT differences and standard of training but thats mostly hearsay by those who have never ventured far from a PC copy of FS2004 or a little grass strip in Kent. Don't judge a nation with 450,000 GA pilots by a few dodgy schools.

Also remember, a person who has a bad experience will tell 7-8 people, a person who has had a good one, 1-2.

I don't see any more N registered planes fall out the sky (by proportion) than G registered ones.

I decided to do my conversions in the UK as I wanted to do so in the DA-42 and as yet no CAA approved schools do so either in other European states or in the US so I was limited. But I did do plenty of research into where I went and what options were open to me.