PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 3
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2006, 21:24
bmibaby.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully these start ups won't go the way of flywho from up the road in Birmingham, ie considerably delayed start ups or tarnishing their own brands. There is an obvious market for flights to Asia from EMA, and I hope these flights start sooner rather than later, though I think it's inevitable EMA will get start ups or secondary operators, with the big mainline carriers choosing to go up the road to BHX if they do choose to launch flights to the Midlands at all.

Interesting news about MAG not selling EMA. Obviously considerable investment has already been given by MAG to the airport, and the latest round of this will become obvious on May 1st, and I have every confidence in the airport that it will be up and running for then ... The airport authority have to be fair, spent a lot of money improving services, not least a revamp of the departure lounge over the last couple of years, and introducing bus services that people working airport-hours shifts can actually use, though on the buses to/from Loughborough there are still some improvements which could be made.

Sadly there's no news on bmibaby's sixth aircraft, which it seems has been promised as CWL's fourth! Somebody mentioned we have applied for slots at Munich, whilst this route was popular in our first winter, I wonder whether the lack of interlining to Lufthansa flights makes the route less appealing than the existing LH service from BHX. I'd love to see FRA back, but slots are a major issue.

Does anyone have information about how CUSS is going? The machines have been installed and used for a few months now, after the winter can we expect more airlines to come online next summer? I was hearing from some people at Menzies they're expecting a far larger presence at the airport next summer. Is this something related to the baby contract or are they planning a raid of Servisair?