PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2006, 19:06
luckyeye13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a couple of quick questions about applying for and working for Emirates. First, what are the application timelines like? For example, if I wanted to leave for Dubai in January 2008 (provided that I am accepted), when would I need to apply? Also, is a housing allowance provided as an option to CCs or is the only option to live in company housing? Thirdly, are there any assesment days offered in the USA or would I need to travel abroad at my own expense for those? Finally, are there any language skills that are especially valued by Emirates? In addition to English, I can speak Ukrainian, Russian, and French and plan to continue learning Hindi (though I don't know whether I would have a good level of proficiency before applying), since I didn't learn nearly as much of it as I wanted to while living in Delhi.

I have so many other questions, but I will ask those later. I am excited about applying to work at Emirates, even though that time is still a while away, and hope to join those of you already in Dubai.