PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY as a career?
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2006, 18:37
click

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Banzai Eagle
orangetree
Rostering is not crap, its just for a change Pilots are having to work fairly hard for a living, something they are clearly not used to.
If I run my scheduling through SAFE then all I see is red....how would you like to have 7 days on including a PRG-TLV-PRG redeye starting at midnight local, get back just in time for lunch, then have to endure the psychotic neighbours with the DIY penchant for jackhammering furniture all day. After you fall asleep and wake up at 8 pm all 'refreshed' then you find out that you've got a 0600 briefing for a morning BRU, AMS or CPH. So go to sleep? Or wonder around poking at things till 0300 when you finally drift off only to be awakened an hour and a half later? Some of us have it good some of us not so good, I wouldn't throw all pilots in the same bag, perhaps the example you are using is abnormal but it begs the question for how long? And also, it could be the result of not being around the whole summer putting in the 100+ flight hours a month while the unwashed masses vacation.