PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus technology defects
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2006, 17:42
WAGM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zeke,

You're clearly a 10,000X smarter and better driver than I and I'm humbled in you presence.......

T'wos far too early in the morning clearly.... was referring to an Alpha-Floor condition, yes Thrust Lock is a totally seperate issue.

Back to RadAlts and their connection with aircraft behaivour though.... from the ATSB report as per the link

Inspection of the radio altimeter system antennas subsequent to the occurrence revealed that they had sustained water ingress at the antenna coaxial cables. The water ingress into the radio altimeter antennas resulted in the radio altimeter signals being interpreted as out of range signals, rather than as a failure of the radio altimeters.
and
The loss of valid radio altimeter signals did not result in the automatic switching from flight mode to flare mode when the autopilots disengaged.
There may be a valuable lesson here, maybe not???

Perhaps those responding might like to actually digest the report first?

www.atsb.gov.au/publications/investigation_reports/2001/AAIR/aair200104399.aspx

I'd wonderd how often this has occured and if any other PPruners have experienced or heard of similar problems or was this simply an aberration in the big picture of the relatively few things that go wrong with all aircraft?

Thanks to those with something constructive to offer as we're in this season of good will.