PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2006, 10:54
norton2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes what i meant was from 1st december the requirements were relaxed. to -6 dioptres for initial that is, and unlimited for renewal.

What i meant aboutt he deviation is that before when the limitations were -5 for initial and -8 for renewal they had a back bone (-8) to base their deviations on. if you fell within initial and renewal you could get a short term deviation (obviously there were long term deviations aswell but thats a different story). so if you were between initial and renewal you got your deviation and then had it removed after as you did meet renewal standards for subsequent renewals. the reason they've had to abolish deviation now is because with the renewal limit gone, there isn't that same back bone as before to base on who they can give a deviation to and who they cannot. with unlimited renewal limit someone of very very high prescription could try to get a deviation. so to stop this flaw in the system wich would arise if deviations remained, they instead have just got rid of them. but in doin so they have given us an extra dioptre of initial if that is any consolation. i think it wouldn't be to much of a consolation because i already know 2 people who are outside of limits now but would have been able to get a deviation and it is very gutting for them.