PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Suffering for the Airline Industry
Old 5th Dec 2006, 10:54
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check out this website.

Note the data is BOM,NASA, Greenland Ice cores etc etc.

http://mclean.ch/climate/global_warming.htm

There is tons of data in this link.

There is no doubt the world's weather is changing...that man is causing it (anthropogenic) is greenie speculation...that man can impact that change is greenie fantasy.

Note that NASA are saying now, (or recently anyway) that the ozone hole is closing and will be gone by 2068 or thereabouts.

I am sure the greenies are claiming that the banning of CFCs is the reason...but lets face facts. The southern hemisphere is nearly all water with a few sparsely populated continents. I am certain that S Africa and S America did **** all about there CFCs and left Australia as the only nation who did anything.

Are we expected to believe that such a miniscule reduction of CFCs has had this effect when the massive populations in the northern hemisphere and all their CFC emissions were not able to create a similar hole in the north pole?

ice caps that have receded the greatest amount since the introduction of satellite imagery (according to NASA).
This a nonsense statement...satellites have only been up there recording such stuff for what 35 yrs...if that?

Read the Russian data from their explorations in the 20s and 30s...there was less ice there then than now.

Read the greenland ice cores data and see that the world was 3.5 degrees warmer, or at least greenland was, 3500 yrs ago...what happened? Well not a lot actually. Note the data came from ice cores...so clearly +3.5 degrees aint enough to melt them. Think about the logical impact of the ice caps being +3.5 degrees. The summers will be a little longer and a little more benign...and in the winters it will only get to -37 instead of -40

What caused the world to warm up then?...wasn't us. What caused the last 6 ice ages and later warming...weren't us either.

There have been periods thousands of years ago when the weather has warmed up several degrees in a few decades...what caused that?

What about the Vikings who used to farm Greenland...when it was green...farmed land that is now 'permafrost'...in my view they named it 'Green'land for a reason.

In my view it would be the incredibly stupid to do anything like sign up to Kyoto when there is no evidence that we can do anything about it...or are even causing it.

Read the article about computer modelling in the above link.

For god sake they start out with the answer they believe is right and then try and prove it by manipulating the inputs...most of which, by their own admission, they don't understand.

Anthropogenic GW has become a political assumption. The assumption being it is fact when it is clearly not proven.

GW and PO have been captured by vested interests. The last several hundred years is liberally scattered with doomsayer predictions based on a host of reasons and not one...NOT ONE has ever come true.