PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety, incidents, etc
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2006, 10:51
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi VerticalHold,

I am going to have to make a few presumptions to answer your question, so those presumptions will be that you were flying on either a B737 or A320 with no fwd bulkhead seperating seats 1ABC from the crew jumpseat and L1 door, and also will presume that you were sitting in 1A before being asked to move.

I flew in the UK Long Haul and currently fly for a short haul carrier in Australia. Both airlines (and all around the world, as far as I am aware) have regulations in place that state ONLY Able Bodied Pax should sit in any seats adjacent to an exit - so on the with my company on the B737-800 that is 1ABC and 14ABCDEF 15ABCDEF. 1DEF do not count as they are behind a bulkhead and not directly adjacent to an exit. There is also an age limit on people sitting in exit rows - I believe it is 15 years or older in Australia (subject to checking my manuals! )

If this situation occured on my flight, best possible scenario would be lady with injured leg sitting in 1D (extra leg room, aisle seat so she can move leg into/out of aisle as need be, close to toilet, close to galley so crew can assist etc - but NOT in an exit row) and travelling companions in 1E and 1F.

Sounds like some serious breaches of policy going on here, if I have made correct presumptions - and my apologies if I have made incorrect presumptions!