PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 5th Dec 2006, 10:07
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlowe

Not sure what a "neathandrel" is, so I'll assume that it is a term of endearment...

So he obviously was not happy with the way things were going at FLYBE if he can effectivly rip up the business plan and start again.
Well the best thing you can say about that statement is that it is incredibly naive. To quote from the flybe website...

The acquisition comes as Flybe announces its strongest ever summer trading period, resulting in an operating profit of £20.5 million* for the six months to 30th September 2006, which compares to an operating profit of £12.4 million* in the same period on 2005.
This summer’s result follows a solid performance in the financial year 2005/2006 when the business delivered operating profits, before exceptionals, of £4.8 million whilst pursuing a focused strategy of major route expansion to position the business for long term profit growth.
... now please explain what there is to be "not happy" about. He simply saw a way of strengthening flybe's position, with significant financial guarantees, and took it.

he is choosing to get involved when he could have just laughed as BACON fried
Could that be something to do with the very large piles of money being offered by an increasingly desperate BA? Maybe? Huh?

Noiffsorbuts

In simple terms he is hoping that the pressure of anticipation of a P45 from BA if this falls over will make us compliant and accept whatever he tells us.............Actualy I think he knows exactly the score, which is that sound compromises will have to be made to achieve acceptable middle ground all round.

Thats how it is.
No, that is how you would like it to be. Doesn't make it so.

Having been through the process, I can assure you that there is a big difference between how you think TUPE works, and how it actually works.

Good luck with that. I still fail to see where your bargaining power lies... as you said yourself, he can simply stand back and watch BACON fall to the floor, and then pick over the bones. Might be a more attractive scenario than your "demands".