PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Victoria International Airlines - Uganda
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2006, 09:23
Kijana Sana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you spydee for throwing some light on this matter!!!
If it was indeed "house- keeping" fumbling that led to the shambles of their inaugural flights - then it is inexcusable and dishonest for VIA to have created the impression that Kenyan authorities were blocking them. According to their commercial Manager in Uganda - Declan Peppard- Kenya authorities demanded a letter from the Uganda CAA which they dully obtained and presented to the authorities but the Kenya authorities were not satisfied with the ""Wording"" of the letter . I was initially puzzled when the Managing Director Of Uganda CAA said in the New Vision Newspaper late last week that it was not true that Kenya Ciivil Aviation authorites had blocked VIA but that instead the Kenya authorities had ""bent over backwards"" to accomodate VIA operations despite the fact that they had been applied for outside of the minimum 30 days required by the regulations!!!!!
This now apparently clarifies what the problem was.

I sincerely hope however this sloppy start serves to focus VIA to jack up their game because they are a very sorely needed alternative to the ""Monopolosits"" on the route and so far Hooray VIA for your pricing!!
Shape up and all I wish you is Good Luck!!!