PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM AIRPORT - 3
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2006, 08:01
DB5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For anyone interested, there is now a comprehensive document (76 pages) that apparently recommends approval of DTVA’s proposed terminal and site expansion plans available on Stockton Borough Council’s website.
Hopefully this will take you to the relevant page:-

http://www.egenda.stockton.gov.uk/ak...=public&arc=71

Scroll down this page until you reach the DTVA planning application which has a link to a document entitled ‘Final Joint Report’. The Planning Committee are due to meet tomorrow, Wednesday 6th December, and will hopefully ratify the recommendations.
From a quick skim through, all the expansion proposals for the terminal, additional stands, parallel taxiway, freight village, etc. are being put to Councillors to approve after two years of waiting. As you might expect, there are numerous conditions to be complied with, one being a quota system of points allocated in order to restrict the number of flights allowed to operate between 23.00 and 07.00 because of noise implications. Interesting to note the possible uses envisaged for one area of the new development, including aircraft painting, engine maintenance, aircraft interior work, etc. but I’m not going to hold my breath awaiting an announcement of who, if anyone, is likely to take these facilities up, or when.
However, I’m sure we can expect some sort of local media spin and airport press release frenzy either Wednesday evening or Thursday morning once the Planning Committee have made their decision known publicly.