PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Housing issues at Emirates
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2006, 03:40
uplock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

MR8 I agree with the rent price of Villas out of this world...

However in the case of an existing Villa Rental Agreement the Contract period and price with EK would have been agreed upon for example 3 years or 5 years what ever.

The point is it should only be raised by the max 15% and there is an existing process to follow if you are willing to put up the cash and have the Rent Committee review your case.

On the other hand it may suit EK to shift the guy, I would be asking to view the previous contract from the owner before throwing in the towel.

Still sounds like Bar Talk to me.

Borat the allowance for Capt is 10,590 AED a month or 127,000 a year does not include any allowance for the water or electricity or the 5% Municipality Tax. Company take the view that the rent allowance is reviewed annually and an adjustment is then passed on in June. Rental Allowance has never kept pace with the real cost of living in Dubai and no signs that it ever will.

If you have the option the deal being offerd now days to go to the Silicon Oasis is a good deal. You are going to get screwed paying rent. Housing has always been the wild card in the EK employment package and will continue to be a lottery for many however the deal being offered now days is a lot better than the one that was on the table when I joined.

Last edited by uplock; 5th Dec 2006 at 03:50. Reason: Add additional info on allowance