PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Meltdown - Has it begun?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2006, 18:20
fireinthehole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Helpful Stacker
Fully agree with you. There seems to be far to much passing the buck when when things go wrong when lack of leadership/information is one of the main reasons mistakes happen.

A very young SAC MT driver at a certain North Hampshire helicopter unit was recently charged for turning up at a uniform check parade late, even though the lad in question turned up at the time proclaimed by the many posters around the section, of which he managed to get a copy. A word-of-mouth change to times had been made but unfortunately the chap was away at the time.

The hearing officer advised him before the charge was read not to bother fighting it as it would just make things worse, surly not the correct procedure for such things?

Ahhh, Odious, the unit that just loves to charge. (But then again you don't even have to be charged at Odious to find one of your personnel sweeping-up on SWO's gang, great use of highly qualified personnel if ever there was one. Wonder how come LEAN has never picked it up?)

Hello all, I am newly registered here but have been reading posts for a few weeks now. I had to write a post about this particular quote.

Being a member of the above 'wonderful' unit, I am appalled at the actions of the said section. I know of the charge (it happened while I was away). I am going to find out tomorrow, the circumstances of how this happened. The thing I am worried about is the 'seniors' closing ranks and myself ending up in the poo. I know this would happen because I myself am having some problems and I am a JNCO. There is nowhere to turn. This has to be THE worst unit I have ever been to. I can't believe it. The morale is AWFUL and its clear to see why yet no one will do anything about it!