PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When are Company SOP's Dangerous?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2006, 16:43
warmkiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why dont you like SOPīs ?

hi guys

just a little question to everybody. why dont you like the SOPīs.? sounds like everybody who is in here wants to invent flying again by them self. most of the SOPīs and limits have been paid with a costly price, some even whith the ultimate...

sorry guys, there is nothing new to invent. flying heavy type is mostly boring. if you do it according the book its propably even a bit more boring. get used to it. or get a new girlfriend of by a new motorbike or start surfing....

our company got a new SOP that you have to be established on final in 1000ī and the previous rule was that in VMC you could be established in 500ī. the youtcry was huge. some felt that they have lost a part of their human rights.

such a rubbish. i wish i were established every time before 1000ī and if we were not, something went wrong. it was still ok, but not as safe...

ok... when the book does not cover every failure, you have to get innovative, but lets be honest. when was the last time that happened to you?

stick to rules and SOPīs thats what we get paid for, i dont like to wear that silly uniformhat either, but i get paid for that too...

blue skies

L