PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grob Aerospace Chief Testpilot dead
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2006, 13:43
F-BCXD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gerard Guillaumaud funerals

Hello flying friends,
We are organizing Gerard's funerals in Lyon next thursday.

I'am still looking for former military colleagues of his, as we were very close friends on the civilian side. If you know of anybody who should know the following, please forward:

Thursday december 7 at 11.00 am a service will be held at Ste Foy Les Lyons church. Then, we'll go to the cemetery.

At 2 pm, we organize a gathering of pilots and friends. It should be either at the Lyon Corbas airfield where Gerard learnt glider flying or at Villefranche sur Saone airport, depending on available rooms.

Nearest airport is Lyon Bron for private aircrafts if ceremony takes place in Corbas (restricted airfield) or directly on Villefranche airport (30 minutes taxi ride to the church) and St Exupery for commercial flights.
TGV railway station of choice is Perrache.

I'am still looking for pictures of Gerard and airplanes he flew to enrich a slideshow which should be shown during the event : if you have any, please forward to [email protected]

I just spent 3 days at Grob with Gerard's friend Heidi and his family, and I must underline the real care the company is providing around everybody. No wonder, aside the fantastic SPn program, that Gerard loved to work there.

All the best
Pierre

Last edited by F-BCXD; 4th Dec 2006 at 14:12.